Join the Spaceman Holdings Team!
Dev-Ops and Security Engineer
Apply today on Angel List! https://angel.co/spaceman-holdings/jobs/512838-dev-ops-and-security-engineer
Spaceman Holdings is focused on solving problems by applying decentralized thinking. Our first challenge is bettering identity management by completely changing the system. We are a group of energetic and focus minded people working towards the vision of a safer more secure world. We are just over a year old and looking to expand our team rapidly and in areas of need for our development team. We are committed to progressing a paradigm shift from current identity management to decentralized management and work hard to do so.
We are based in Chicago, Illinois and have a laid-back but fast-paced work environment. You will wear a number of hats through your tenure with us and can develop skills and strengths beyond traditional development skills
- Own our cloud environment and ensure stability and security
- Configuring and controlling our infrastructure for scalability and compliance
- Work closely with the applications and infrastructure engineering teams to ensure we are secure when architecting and building new systems. Ensure that security solutions are architected with developer velocity and efficiency in mind. Identify and develop tools to aid this process.
- Develop and maintain automated CI/CD
- Contributing to the efforts and energy of all things Spaceman Holdings
- High energy and positive working attitude
- Ability to dive into projects with little oversight and deliver on time or early
- Not afraid to voice opinions or solutions to stakeholders or co-workers
- Experience managing and securing cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience in creating, hardening, and maintaining secure Docker containers
- Demonstrable proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Go, Python, bash, etc)
- Extensive experience with continuous delivery, automation scripting, and infrastructure-as-code
- Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS, DDoS detection/prevention, and network and host anomaly detection through both automated (NIDS/HIDS) and manual means